The number of subscribers switching from other prominent networks to Jio is increasing. It would be best to understand that porting means changing to a new network while keeping your current phone number. Once the porting is complete, your existing phone number will be assigned to the new network.
If you are an Airtel customer wishing to switch to Jio, take these simple steps to move your number.
You can also physically submit an MNP request by visiting a nearby Airtel store.
- To start porting your SIM from Airtel to Jio, send an SMS to 1900 from the Airtel number you want to port to Jio, with the message PORT space>your 10-digit mobile number>.
- After some time, you will receive an SMS from your current network operator with the UPC number (Universal Product number) and expiration date.
- Next, go to the app store and get the MyJio App. Launch the app and generate a Jio promo code.
- Take your smartphone, UPC, and Jio discount code to any Reliance Jio/Digital/Dx small retail shop near you.
- You must provide address evidence, such as an Aadhaar card. If your Aadhaar card has no local address, you must bring another form of legitimate address evidence. You must also provide certified identity verification. Bring two passport-size pictures as well.
- Upon your request, the Reliance or Jio shop employees will activate your Jio connection via the eKYC process.
- If you are an Airtel postpaid user, you must clear any outstanding Airtel dues before beginning the porting procedure.
- Transferring your Airtel mobile number to the Jio network will take seven days. During this interim period, you can enjoy Airtel’s services without interruption. When the porting is complete, you will receive an email alerting you that you are part of the new network.